Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cameron and Megan

Cameron, otherwise known as The Beast, is our 3 year old Labradoodle. He is the most expressive dog you'll ever met. You can tell exactly what he is thinking just by looking at him. It's actually kind of funny. As my stomach has gotten bigger Cameron has been giving me a look that just says, "Are you kidding me? You're having another one?!?! Haven't I gone through enough with her?" He and Megan have become great friends. He was our first baby, but quickly lost his spot when Meg made her appearance. After only a few days of jealousy, Cammy quickly adjusted. And I just have to say he is wonderful with her. Megan beats up on him regularly - pulling his ears, trying to ride him, occasionally trying to use him as a trampoline and through it all Cameron just takes it. When he's had enough he'll give us a look that says, "Can you make her stop please?"

Anyway, he was very excited once Megan became useful to him. Once she started eating solids and could drop food over the side of her high chair - well, let's just say a bond for formed. they've been good friends ever since. Lately Cameron has discovered a new use for Megan - playing ball. if there is 1 thing Cameron likes more than food it's playing ball. And, Hallelujah, Megan is now big enough to throw balls a decent distance. They play in the house and in the yard. It's a great diversion for both of them. They enjoy this game so much I actually get to sit down and put my feet up for whole consecutive minutes at a time. As anyone who has a toddler knows that is just a miracle!


A quick note about newbie- I am less than a month away from my due date! I'm going to the doctor weekly now. At my apt. yesterday the baby is very low & I was measuring 2 weeks ahead meaning my belly is like that of woman who is 38 weeks prego instead of the 36 weeks that I am. Which means I grew 3 weeks worth in just the past week since I've been measuring right on for most of my pregnancy. The doctor felt up my stomach and estimated the baby is already around 7lbs., which needless to say, is pretty big considering I still have 3 1/2 weeks left. She wants to keep an eye on it because no one wants to deliver a 20 pounder! I'm not overly concerned since a different doctor estimated Meg would be over 9lbs and she was 8lbs 3 oz, but 21.5 inches long. I remember the doctor saying at one of my last apts. with Meg, "Whoa, there's a lot of baby in there!" My personal guess is that there is a lot of baby in there this time too, only a lot of length instead of chunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment