Monday, March 30, 2009

My Little Reader

Have I mentioned that Megan is brillant? Just in case anyone wasn't sure - she is. She is in the wonderful toddler phase of needing to hear the same book over and over and over again. The Ba Ba book (actual name - One Lost Sheep) is currently her favorite. I was reading it to her at bedtime last night and she jumped in a few times to say the next word before I could read it. I was amazed! Now, I know she isn't actually reading but it does mean my little girl is showing early literacy skills. And I can't help but be excited about that.

P.S. Nathan would like to add that Megan is going to suffer from being a TK (teacher's kid) as only a teacher mommy would refer to Megan memorizing parts of a book as an early literacy skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment