Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our Anniversary

Nathan and I had our 5 year anniversary on Friday. It got me reflecting on our time together. And, well it's been very busy. Here's a basic rundown of the past 5 years:
  1. 6 jobs between the 2 of us
  2. 4 houses & 1 apartment
  3. 2 moves across state lines
  4. a bunch of minor surgeries
  5. 1 and almost a half kids
  6. 1 big dog

I didn't realize how much we'd been through until I was writing it down. Wow, we've been busy! I hope our next 5 years are less eventful than the first 5.

To celebrate and to have an adults only long weekend before the newbie arrives Nathan and I went to San Francisco leaving Megan behind with Nathan's mom. We had a great time. Since we'd been there before we didn't have to do all of the normal touristy stuff. We got to hang out with my little brother and enjoy a life that doesn't revolve around a nap schedule or a 7:00 bed time. It was WONDERFUL! We went to a beat box showcase Sat after we got there. That was really interesting, definitely not something I would see at home. On Sun we caught the Giants game on a beautiful day. 71 and sunny - a perfect day for ball game. Mon we went to the California Academy of Science and Ghirardelli Square for ice cream. Yum, Yum! I can't tell you how much fun we had talking and focusing on things other than the kids, or maintaining the house. It's amazing how much the day to day conversations of marriage revolve around who called the carpet cleaners, or is picking Megan up at day care. It's nice to have adult conversation and fun time with my amazing husband. I'll post pictures as soon as I unpack the camera. For now it's hidden in the depths of my suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment