Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Antagonizing Others

It's no secret that Megan is totally independent and strong willed little girl. She's completely my child. Except for 1 major trait that comes from Nate, Aaron & my dad. (At least that's who I'm choosing to blame.) She loves to antagonize others. Oh yes, and this trait has been coming out in full force lately. At day care, Meg loves to take toys from the other kids and run away taunting them as she goes. Yup, that's my child. Well last week, a little boy at day care was wearing a hat. And Ms. Thing kept taking off his hat and would just stand there waiting for him to cry. As soon as he started she'd give the hat back and walk away. She just wanted to make him cry. Of course, this was repeated many times throughout the day. Nice, huh? The only good thing I can say about these incidents is at least she's not sneaky about it. She wants full credit for misbehaving. Sometimes Meg will look right at you to make sure you're watching her misbehave. Did I mention she's defiant too? Oh, the joys of toddlerhood. Needless to say there are lots of time outs & conversations going on. I know she's listening to me because in the car she likes to run down the list of No No's. And I quote "Megan no, no hit" "no, no kick" & my favorite "Megan no, no fight." All said while wagging her index finger at me too. One day she'll do more than listen and actually follow the advice. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment