Sunday, July 26, 2009

30!

Thursday was my 30th birthday. Yikes! 30 just sounds so old and just plain adult. Weird I know since I'm married with 1 and 3/4 kids, have a nice house in the suburbs with a big dog, a bachelors and a masters degree & a good career. But despite all that I didn't feel like a full fledged adult. But 30, wow there's just no escaping the adultness of 30. Why is it that some ages just sound old?

My mom surprised me and came down to babysit so Nathan and I could go out. On Thursday we went to the Melting Pot, a yummy fondue place. We had cheese and chocolate - skipping the meat course because the thought of raw meat sitting in front of me just grossed me out. It was sooo good. I'm drooling just thinking about the chocolate again. Have I mentioned it was good? Yum! Then we wandered to the Apple store and I got the new IPod Touch for my birthday present. I'm already loving it, although I think Nathan loves it even more than I do since I've had to remind him that it's mine and I get to play with the new toy first!

Friday my mom accompanied us to Megan's gymnastics class. About halfway through the class Megan looked out the window, saw Grammy and went running out the door. She refused to go back in unless Grammy came with her. Good thing the teachers have no problem with multiple adults accompanying each kid into class! While Meg took her nap mom painted the nursery a pretty green. She painted Megan's nursery in GA and wanted to do the same for newbie. Today, Nate and mom switched out furniture between the guest room and the nursery. Once we get another crib and the decorations up I'll post pictures of the nursery. I already love how it's turning out. Very pretty - green walls with white nursery furniture and yellow accents. Love it.

Then on Sat., mom watched Megan again so Nate and I could go out to see a comedy show at the Shadowbox Cabaret. It's an improv place with a rock n' roll band. Hilarious! The music was really great too. We loved it and if anyone needs ideas about a Christmas gift a Shadowbox Cabaret gift certificate and an offer to babysit would be heavenly. ;) Hint, hint

No comments:

Post a Comment