Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Baby Girl


Let me just say that I'm pregnant and hormonal. These hormones are over running me and turning me into a weepy mess, so be forwarned.
I couldn't sleep last night because I just kept thinking how quickly Megan is growing up. What happened to my baby? I was in tears as I was watching her eat lunch yesterday. There she was- She had just gone on the potty and was sitting in her big girl training panties, drinking out of a cup, & using a spoon to eat her yogurt. I was amazed at how fast the past 21 months have gone by. 2 years ago my mom had come down to Georgia to paint her nursery and today she's talking in sentences, & trying to ride a tricycle. Where did the time go? I know time speeds up the older you get, but nobody warned me that it goes at the speed of light after you have a baby. Most of me is excited to see Meg as she grows. Will she be a tomboy covered in dirt from rolling around in the yard or will she be girly and obsessed with princesses? Will she be on the basketball team or in the drama club? Will she major in business or music? But then there's a small part of me that is screaming for time to stop. I want my little girl to stay my little girl forever. How soon before I stop being her favorite person? At the rate she's growing, it'll be tomorrow. I suppose this all a part of being a parent. Letting go is one of the hardest things we have to do. I just didn't think I'd have to start letting go this soon.

Megan as we were leaving the hospital.
& Megan at 12 months.

Here's my baby girl today.

No comments:

Post a Comment