Thursday, September 3, 2009

Aghhhhh....

Well, I'm officially 40 week pregnant. My due date was yesterday and this kid is still packed in here. I can't tell you how frustrated I'm feeling at still being pregnant. All I kept hearing is how 2nd babies come early. Megan was born on her due date which meant this one should have come by now, but nooooo newbie has his/her own time schedule, and is still in my belly. I just want this kid out already!!! I think it's worse that I was counting on it coming early. I've been 2cm dilated for over a month, the baby dropped almost 2 months ago, basically conditions are perfect for me to go into labor except that I haven't. Even my doctor is surprised newbie hasn't arrived yet. Last week, my doctor did an ultrasound and thinks the baby will be around 8lbs and will be longer than Megan, who was 21.5 inches long. Yesterday I had a stress test to make sure the baby is doing well. The machine recorded the baby's heartbeat, and I had to push a button whenever I felt the baby move. The baby's heart beat should increase with movement. Baby is perfect and i go back on Tues. From now on I'll have a stress test every time I go to the doctor.

School has started and I'm teaching math and science to 41 fourth graders. Which means I'm exhausted. Returning to the classroom is exhausting under the best of circumstance let alone 100,000 months pregnant. In a big old building with no air conditioning, in the middle of a cornfield. Even my kids are asking me when the baby will come. They're so funny. One little girl told her mom it looks like the baby is going to fall out of my belly. Another one told her grandma that her teacher is HUGE! Sigh....

Anyone know how to get this kid out? I've been trying all of the old wives tales I can think of.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Correen! We are so alike! Sarah came on her due date, and Miss Molly (who everyone SWORE would come early, as "second children always do"), came three days past her due date because I insisted on being induced at that point. There is nothing I can say to make you feel better - all I can say is that I KNOW exactly what and how you are feeling and agree that it sucks. I remember just standing in a hot shower and crying, thinking the baby would never come out. But alas, she did, and until I read your post, I probably hadn't remembered that misery since I went through it. So, as everyone always says, it'll be worth it in the end, just hold out a bit longer, and my God, lady, lets get a drink as soon as s/he comes out! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you ... patience is a virtue...oh bullshit! Talk a long walk, march those legs around the neighborhood a couple of times tonite. Saying a prayer that you are blessed with a new baby in the next 24 hours! Good luck and remember when you are in the midst of heavy labor that you got just what you asked for ( & that should help get you through it)!!!

    ReplyDelete