Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolution

After a particularly difficult day involving temper tantrums, wresting Meg into the car seat, and chasing her through Target as she attempts to escape I've decided to make a different New Year's resolution. In 2010, I vow to appreciate my children & their stages more. I've caught myself wishing they were older, or out of this stage. What's the old saying? Motherhood - the days are long but the years are short. Too soon they won't light up when they see me. In the blink of an eye I'll dropping them off at college and I'll long for the days of cuddles and sloppy kisses. So yes, I may wish for the time when I can eat a meal without someone in my lap or have a complete thought without interruption I need to remember how lucky I am that I've been blessed with these 2 perfect little babies. I need to appreciate how much they love and need me right now. Growing up is hard and I am lucky I get to watch Quinn & Megan grow and change into amazing little people. So God please give me the strength to get through the upcoming years of tantrums, clinging to mommy, & new found independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment