Tuesday, June 23, 2009

This and That

My goodness has it been a busy week. On Wed. Nathan's mom, sister and her kids came down to visit and stayed until Sat. Then Nathan's Aunt Joyce came down Thurs.-Fri. It was a nice visit, and the kids had a great time together. Megan is still asking for Aunt Jill, Shane and Katie. She defiantly misses having another 2 year old around to play with. And I loved having a few adults around. especially, when they help get ready for Meg's birthday party.

Here are Megan and Shane playing in the pool Jill brought. They loved it. This was the best picture where you can at least see both of them. Every other picture the back of someones head.

Aunt Jill and baby Katie. A couple of bathing beauties!

On Thursday was Meg's 2 year apt. and she was 35 inches tall and 28.5 lbs - both around the 90%. I've heard if you double their height at 2 it'll give you an idea about how tall they'll be as an adult. If that's the case Meg will be 5'10" - not to shabby I think. The doctor was impressed with how well she's talking and patiently answered all of my questions. I was again reminded how much I love her pediatrician. You can't beat a doctor who takes the time to patiently answers all of your questions. I had an OB apt. and gained 5 lbs. To say I was mad would be an understatement, especially after gaining 7 lbs last month. I was so careful and, despite a few set backs, I made sure to cut back on all sugar and eat more veggies. Funny enough, the doctor reassured me that it's OK and I'm on track to gain between 35-40 lbs. I gained 37 lbs with Meg and was really hoping to do better this time around. So I've taken the very healthy view of saying screw it and have been eating anything and everything I want. I figure I'm going to gain 40 lbs then I'm going to enjoy everyone of them. I'm measuring 30 weeks (1 week ahead) and start going every 2 weeks now. And finally, it was Nathan's birthday, and Jill, Becky & Joyce were nice enough to babysit so Nate and I could go out and have a nice dinner by ourselves. We went to a steak house and it was FABULOUS!!! The food was amazing and it was so great to have time with Nathan without dealing cutting some one's meat or being used as a human jungle gym.

Megan enjoying her cake and ice cream.


Sat. was Megan's birthday party. Thankfully, Jill was nice enough to take the kids to the local library to see a fire truck program so we could get ready for the party. All of the kids were extra cranky after a week of nonstop fun. So it was defiantly not fun for Aunt Jill and I'm sending her lots of thanks for the sacrifice. We had an inflatable pool out for the kids. Meg had a great time trying to pour water all over 2 of her grandmas. Of course, before she could get water anywhere near them she would spill it all over herself. So we had a couple of outfit changes during the day. Megan's favorite gift is a pink purse. She has been carrying it around everywhere.



Meg enjoying the pool one last time before it goes home with Shane.

No comments:

Post a Comment