Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Meganisms

Megan's speech has suddenly exploded. She's been speaking in 3 or 4 word sentences for a while, but just recently she's been asking about the names of everything and repeating it. Trying to make sure she gets it right. Now the phrases she's been putting together just crack me up. Here are a few of my favorites:
"He go Mama." (Here you go Mama) - said while she brings me something Meg decided I needed to have. It can be anything from Cameron's toy to one of her baby dolls to my book.

"I wan ogurt." (I want yogurt) Yogurt has become Megan's favorite food. She wants yogurt with every meal. Sometimes she'll tell you she wants yogurt while she's eating yogurt.

"Cho Cho wain" (cho cho train), "Big tuck" (big truck), "Sma tuck" (small truck), or "Mee tuck" (medium truck)- these are usually squealed because Meg gets so excited when she sees/hears them. We're working on the difference between big, small and medium. For a while everything was a big truck.

"Mama, I want breasts." - said while pointing to her chest as she watched me change clothes.
Followed a few hours later by "Mama, I want wear bra." which was said while I was folding laundry and she was trying to put on one of my bras. I didn't think I'd have to have these conversations for a while yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment